Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is Your Small Group Dead or Dying?


Every once in a while I run across blog posts in my circles of relationships that really challenge me to think about where I am and what I'm working on; the link to this post from my friend Mark Howell was one of them!
Mark suggests 5 diagnostic questions that might help a small group answer the dead or dying question, and they are:
  1. Is the group still an environment where life-change is happening?
  2. What are the spiritual growth issues being worked on?
  3. What are the spiritual next steps that are being taken?
  4. Are there group members whose spiritual vitality is confined by the limits of the group?
  5. Is the group just comfortable?

I would be interested in your thoughts about how this relates to our small groups at Springbrook. After clicking this link to read his post, please make some time to come back here and share your thoughts, and be sure to discuss the diagnostic questions with your coach or Pastor Richard. As we head into fall, let's us pray together for the full power of God to be unleashed through our small groups!

No comments: