It's interesting how people approach their calendars, but experiencing small group life is one of our primary purposes!
The Biblical example from those first Christians from Acts chapter 2 is this, "They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Day by day, they were with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart."
We have been created to be in community with other Christ-followers, and everything ELSE is a distraction! I am so thankful for each of our small group hosts and leaders, and for the impact they are having for the glory of God.
Here are some stories of life change I pray will encourage you today:
- We started our small group with 7 people. 5 people had never been in a small group before, 1 of them was a brand new Christian, and we were all blessed!
- We had tremendous spiritual growth in our group and a new awareness of God's love! 3 new people joined our group, and we feel we have known each other for years!
- A member of our small group had her first baby, and she was blown away by the meals, prayers, and support she received from our group!
- Two men in our group started attending with their wives. This was their first time to be in a group, and we have really been able to connect with them!
- God moved through 2 members of our group who were heading in the wrong direction in life, and are now on His path not theirs!
- Our small group has been able to support one another through financial difficulty, housing issues, and relationship issues. We have experienced break-through in accountability, openness, and compassion!
Those are just some of the stories I heard, and there are many, many more. You need to know that YOU are making a difference in the lives of others! Small groups are where it's at, so what's your story?