Friday, September 24, 2010

Small Groups Kickoff!

Well by now, you should have your group membership solidified and your materials passed out (if you picked them up from Pastor Rich, please get the $ back to him ASAP).

Last week, my group started and we did introductions and shared the material. This week we had two new couples join us, and had to work through the dynamics of starting the study on-time but also getting to know each other. There is so much too do in just 1 1/2 hours! 4 people in our group have to get up at 4:30, so we have to make sure we end on time.

After the meeting was over, I told my wife Carolyn, I feel like a first time small group host again! We have not had an opportunity to host a group since coming to Springbrook, and I feel a little rusty. That's okay though, because it keeps me dependent on God.

If you are host/leading a group, I want to thank you for your faithfulness and know that I am praying for you. May God continue to draw each of us closer to Him and each other.

No comments: